Last Updated: August 2018
We respect the privacy rights of our clients and recognise the importance of protecting information collected about you. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be collected, used and disclosed by us and applies to information collected when you use or access our website (www.miticom.co.uk) or when you otherwise interact with us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. This policy also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information. By providing personal information to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of this policy, the data controller is Miticom Limited (“we”, “us”, or “our”) of Basepoint Business Centre, 100 Butterfield Great Marlings, Luton LU2 8DL.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect certain information (including personal data) relevant to the courses we provide. The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, telephone number, email address, postal address, transactional information (including courses purchased and your billing address), information collected by cookies and any other information you may choose to provide. Please be aware that the information that you choose to provide may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (e.g. if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender). We may also store files and other information that you may upload or provide to us in order to be able to provide you with the features of the courses and any other services we may offer.
We may also collect the following information each time you visit our website, in order to help us understand how to improve our service offering, our website and to ensure the content is presented to you in an effective manner:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our office number.
INFORMATION WE MAY SHARE
We may use the information we collect from you when you register via our website or contact us directly for the limited purpose of providing our services to you, including the following:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and to provide you with the information, products and services you request from us;
- to provide, maintain and improve the services we offer;
- to improve our website in order to better serve you;
- to respond to comments, questions, and requests and provide support where requested;
- to communicate with you about courses, services, newsletters, events and provide other news or information about us;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with the services we provide and for marketing and advertising purposes;
- investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorised access to our services and other illegal activities;
- to notify you of any changes to our courses and other services;
to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, trouble shooting, testing, research, surveys;
- for other purposes, about which we notify you.
INFORMATION WE MAY SHARE
Subject to applicable law, we may share your personal information with:
- our employees, subcontractors, legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- in an emergency or to otherwise protect your vital interests;
- to protect the security and integrity of our business operations;
- anyone else where we have your consent or where it is required by law.
The security of your information is very important to us. Whilst no security is completely secure, we use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
In the event that your personal information is acquired, or reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorised person and applicable law requires notification, we will notify you by e-mail or mail. We will give you prompt notice, consistent with the reasonable requirements of law and we will investigate to determine the scope of the breach and restore the integrity of the data system.
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
Our hosting operations are based in the UK and we store most of our data within the European Union. Some organisations which provide services to us may transfer data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but we’ll only allow this if your data is adequately protected (US Privacy Shield or Standard EU contractual clauses).
You may update, correct or request deletion of your information about you at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that deletion may not be automatic as it is subject to applicable laws, legal obligations and legitimate business purposes.
YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS
You may make a request at any time to see the information we hold about you. To request this information, please contact us in writing at email@example.com. Upon receipt of such request, we shall have a maximum period of 30 days within which to respond.
RETENTION AND DELETION
We only keep your information as long as we need to, for the purposes listed above. When we don’t need it any more we delete it securely.
If you have any questions about this policy please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Miticom Limited, Basepoint Business Centre, 100 Butterfield Great Marlings, Luton LU2 8DL, Attention: Privacy.
We may update this policy from time to time. In the event we make any material changes that reduce your rights or our obligations under this policy, we will post a prominent notice in this section of the policy and on our website notifying you of the updates.